How can I make my brass faucets shine?
COOK WITH EASE
A modern design places everything you need within reach.
ENTERTAIN STRESS FREE
A spacious and organized kitchen you will be proud to show off.
Increase your home's value
Updated kitchen and bathrooms offer the best return on your investment.
Brass faucets are a beautiful addition to kitchens and bathrooms. They provide a classic and sophisticated feel to your home and brighten up your sinks.
As lovely as brass is, the downside is that it tarnishes. When brass loses its dazzle, it appears dull and sometimes even decayed. But the good news is, that corroded look is only temporary. You just need some effective tips to take care of your brass faucets so they gleam and sparkle once again.
How do I maintain that sparkle?
Try these easy and effective methods to bring back that shine!
- Routine Cleaning – Running a damp cloth over your brass is really all it takes to bring out the shine. The key is to do it consistently to avoid tarnishing. Avoid abrasive cleaners, as they can actually damage the brass.
- Avoid Tarnish – Most hardware stores have great products for cleaning your brass. If you prefer a natural approach, vinegar works well. It breaks down the tarnish and makes it easy to simply wipe away.
- Ketchup – Seriously! The citric acid in ketchup helps to break down the tarnish. Gently rub ketchup onto the brass and wipe away with a damp cloth.
- Make Your Own Polish – Simply mix a teaspoon of salt, three tablespoons of flour, and a half cup of distilled vinegar. Rub the mixture on your faucet, let it sit for ten minutes and then wipe it away. Your brass will be clean and shiny again.
Anything I should avoid?
Caring for brass is relatively simple but there are a few things to watch out for.
- Be Careful with Fingerprints – Oils from fingers touching brass can leave prints that may show up several months later. When cleaning brass, always wear gloves.
- Follow Instructions Closely – When using varnish remover, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and heed any warnings. These pro ducts are typically flammable, so keep them away from open flames. Always wear rubber gloves to protect your skin.
- Avoid Excessive Cleaning – Don’t overdo it. And avoid abrasive cleaners on your brass. They can cause permanent damage.
MCK is dedicated to transforming the rooms in your home into the rooms of your dreams, call us in Burnside at 902-468-6453, or in Bayers Lake at 902-445-5736 and let us show you how we can help!
Share this post!
You can increase your living standards and add value to your home by using kitchen renovations in Halifax. The kitchen gives you the largest return on investment because it is considered the center of the home.
Installing new kitchen cabinets is a big decision. Not only do you have to consider the financial obligation, but there is a lot of time and disruption involved in new kitchen cabinets.
New Year, New Kitchen! If you’ve been thinking about kitchen renovations, 2020 is the perfect year to do it! From crisp, clean modern designs to rustic, natural designs, 2020 kitchen renovation trends offer something for everyone.
Kitchen & Bathroom Cabinetry
2 - FREE Consultation
Work with a professional to design the kitchen and bathroom cabinets of your dreams
3 - We plan, coordinate, and install
Kick back and relax while we take care of all the details, informing you every step of the way
4 - Love your kitchen and bathrooms again
Enjoy the new look, storage space, and efficiency your new kitchen and bathroom cabinets bring
MCK Kitchen & Bath
Address: 19 Akerley Blvd, Dartmouth, NS B3B 1J7
Phone: (902) 468-6453
Hours Of Operation
- Sunday Closed
- Monday 9a.m.–5p.m.
- Tuesday 9a.m.–5p.m.
- Wednesday 9a.m.–5p.m.
- Thursday 9a.m.–5p.m.
- Friday 9a.m.–5p.m.
- Saturday 9a.m.–4p.m.
- Evening Appointments by Request
Kitchen Cabinets Made in Halifax, Canada